ABOUT MARLS NYC
Our Mission, Our Values, Our Vision
Advocating for Quality Support of Minority Businesses
Always here for you. Always here for your business.
Black and Brown certified businesses are thriving well in New York.
To serve as a cutting-edged business development & vetting entity that advocates for Members; providing them opportunities for: education, training, collaborations, access to Capital, Customers, Contracts and handholding assistance, that result in sustainable and vibrant business GROWTH.
- Creating a culture of warmth and belonging, where everyone is welcome
- Advocating for quality support of minority businesses
- Being present, connecting with transparency, and setting the example of dignity and respect for each other
- Delivering our very best in all we do; holding ourselves accountable for results
- We are performance driven, through the lens of those we serve
- We collaborate with local Civic Organizations in their quality of life initiatives
MORE ABOUT MARLS NYCMARLS NYC, formerly known as the Merchant Association of Rosedale Laurelton & Springfield Gardens, NY, was founded in 2016 by 6 concerned business owners, who saw the great challenges Black Merchants were experiencing in order to keep their doors open. Much of the challenge was a result of a lack of effective business operations, difficulty accessing capital, gaining and retaining loyal clients and getting certified for and winning contracts.
Today, MARLS NYC has not only evolved to equip and empower Black merchants in the initial three local cities; but have extended same vetting service and handholding assistance to Black and Brown business owners in Boroughs of NYC. Our handholding service is available evening and weekends; to support the merchants that cannot close during business hours to attend
business education and assistance services.
BUSINESS SUPPORT SERVICES
- MARLS NYC Business Training and Support
- Small Business Development Administration
- NYC-Small Business Services
- Queens Economics Development Corp
- TrueFund Financial Services
ACCESSING CAPITAL, CLIENTS & CONTRACTS